Update #1: Two more announced artists: electronica megastar Moby has been added. Sparta, the El Paso alternative rock quartet and At The Drive-In offshoot, has been added.
If you like Latin electronica and indie dance music from south of the border, then you’ll love the 2012 Neon Desert Music Festival.
Hosted in El Paso, Texas, the festival’s organizers at Splendid Sun Productions have been steadily announcing this year’s Neon Desert lineup over the past 24 hours via the festival’s social media accounts.
And, damn, it’s chock-full of DJ duos, producers and mix maestros. House music and its variations are well-represented.
But we won’t be surprised if more heavy, rock-oriented acts are announced soon. Last year’s festival featured the Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Group (side project of The Mars Volta’s guitarist) and Los Amigos Invisibles.
Slightly more than half of the festival’s expected 30 bands have been announced so far. We will keep you updated on further Neon Desert announcements as they come.
Neon Desert Fest is scheduled for Saturday, May 26, at Cleveland Square Park in El Paso. You can purchase tickets on the festival’s website here.
Here are the acts that have been announced so far:
- Babasónicos (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Belanova (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- Chico Mann (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Classixx (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Fixed Idea (El Paso)
- Ghostland Observatory (Austin)
- Johnny Costello (El Paso)
- La Vida Boheme (Caracas, Venezuela)
- Los Bunkers (Concepción, Chile)
- Mexican Institute of Sound (Mexico City)
- Mexicans with Guns (San Antonio)
- Moby (New York)
- Sound on Sound (El Paso)
- Sparta (El Paso)
- Sussie 4 (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- The Pinker Tones (Barcelona, Spain)
- The Twelves (Rio De Janeiro, Brazil)
- Toy Selectah (Monterrey, Mexico)
- YACHT (Portland, Oregon)